This is a truly decadent breakfast; the kind that makes you want to pause to admire your good fortune before eating it. It is definitely a sweet meal, something many of us like to enjoy at breakfast time, but the good news is: every bit is natural sugars. What’s more: this treat is incredibly easy to fix; you can even get it started while the coffee brews!
Loaded Sweet Potato: Breakfast Treat Style
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp nut or seed butter
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp hemp or sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Scrub the potato under running water.
- Poke the potato all over with a knife to create steam vent holes (so the potato doesn’t explode as it cooks).
- Rub the potato lightly with olive oil.
- Place the potato on a cookie sheet or dish to bake in the oven.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes depending on potato size at 400°.
- When finished baking, slice the potato lengthwise and push open the cut to fluff up the filling.
- Top with a nut or seed butter.
- Sprinkle with the first tbsp of hemp or sesame seeds.
- Top with slices of banana and blueberries.
- Drizzle with maple syrup if desired.
- Sprinkle the second tbsp of hemp or sesame seeds on top.
Comment below with your variations and thoughts!